1730 - 1794
- Posted by: Dick Schoeller Date: January 02, 2001 at 19:55:43
In Reply to: Re: Matthias Achenbach b. abt 1732 in Pa. by Sabine Achenbach of 63
I am the person that supplied Terry with the information about Matthias Achenbach.
This is what we know and how:
1. Terry and I are both descended from Anthony (aka. Anton or Antonius) Achenbach. This is readily traceable through the church and civil records of Lancaster, Berks and Schuylkill Counties in PA.
2. Anthony's death record, from St. John's Union Church in Friedensburg, PA, lists his birth date as 15 Sep 1749 in Dorf Eisen, Germany. This information comes from a typed transcript of the church records. I have not seen the original and can not be sure how good the transcription is.
3. We have tried to figure out what town might be with no success. We have searched the church records from a number of towns with names that are similar to this in the Nassau-Siegen region and the surrounding areas.
4. From the probate records we are fairly certain that Anthony was the son of Johann Matthias Achenbach (also written Achebach). Matthias lived in the northeast corner of Lancaster County. His estate was probated 23 Feb 1794. Matthias's wife was named Anna Margaretha.
5. We are confident that he was the same person as Mathias Achebach who arrived in Philadelphia on the ship Friendship and signed the oath of allegiance on 21 Oct 1754.
I don't know if that will help connect with any information that you might have. It has been a sore spot that I was unable to resolve Matthias's and Anthony's place of origin.
Posted by: Brian Bergey Date: October 10, 2000 at 06:48:48
In Reply to: Re: Matthias Achenbach b. abt 1732 in Pa. by Betty Creel of 63
Hi Betty. I have a genealogical data concerning Matthias Achenbach and his descendents. I have 1 question concerning your lineage though. Church records show Anna Maria Achenbach (b. 1762; bp 18 Feb 1762 by Rev John Waldschmidt) m. John George Brunner (not George Peter). They were married 12 Feb 1782 by Rev Waldschmidt. John George Brunner (b. 20 May 1754 E. Cocalico twp., Lancaster County, PA; bp. 2 June 1754 Muddy Creek Reformed Church, East Cocalico, Lancaster County). John George did have a brothet John Peter Brunner who married Anna Maria's sister Eva Achenbach, but they didn't leave Lancaster County and I also have their dates and burial location. I have John George and Anna Maria having 6 children from the church records: Elizabeth (19 Dec 1782), Barbara (10 May 1784), Anna Maria (3 Feb 1786), John (31 July 1794), Eva (23 Feb 1797) and Lea (22 Feb 1800). From the dates, there could have been other siblings. You can email me directly if you would like the rest of the data that I have. Hope this helps.