1827 - 1898
||1 Feb 1827
||Hornby, Lancashire, England [3, 4, 5]
||18 Mar 1827
||Hornby Parish, Lancaster County, England 
||Church of the Holy Trinity, Preston, England 
||St. Bees Theological 
||Downall Green, Ashton, Lancashire 
||Queen St. Lytham, Lancashire 
||Heyhouses, Fylde, Lytham, Lancashire 
||4 May 1875
||Holy Trinity Church, Preston, Lancashire 
||Priest: Vicar, Church of the Holy Trinity  |
||20 Dec 1898
||Wellington, Somerset, England [7, 13]
||24 Dec 1898
||St. Michael's, Millverton, Somerset County [13, 14]
||Welcomer and Poor Relatives
||05 Jan 2011 00:00:00 |
||RICHARD THISTLETHWAITE, b. ? |
||MARGARET AUSTON, b. ? |
||ELLEN BURNS, b. Abt 1837 |
||16 Aug 1856
||Chorley Parish, Lancanshire, England 
|>||1. Austin Richard Thistlethwaite, b. 8 Nov 1857, Wigan, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Lancashire |
|>||2. WILLIAM BURNS THISTLETHWAITE, b. 17 Feb 1859, Farnworth, Bolton, Lancashire, England |
|>||3. Catherine Thistlethwaite, b. 14 Nov 1860, Lytham, Fylde, Lancashire, England |
| ||4. Philip Harling Thistlethwaite, b. 2 Dec 1862, Fylde, Lytham, Lancashire |
| ||5. Margaret Thistlethwaite, b. 12 Mar 1864, Lytham, Fylde, Lancashire, England |
| ||6. Richard Thomas Thistlethwaite, b. 15 Jul 1866, Poulton-le-Fylde, Fylde, Lancashire, England |
|>||7. John Henry Thistlethwaite, b. 26 Sep 1868, Bispham, Lancashire |
| ||8. Ellie Mary Thistlethwaite, b. 3 Apr 1873, Fylde, Lytham, Lancashire |
||Anne Oxley, b. Abt 1839, Warrington, Lancashire |
||30 Jul 1878
||Lytham, Lancashire 
not sure if this is wife 1 or 2
- INteresting that Rev. Richard was born and baptised in Hornby in 1827, parents Richard and Margaret, but he seems to be the only child. At that same time in Hornby, a James Thistlethwaite, wife Elizabeth had Hannah, Adam. Ellen, Ann, Elizabeth, John, Mary, James. Possibly related?
Worked for "Church of the Holy Trinity" - Preston, Lancashire, England -[Tombstone] says Priest
[Balance Sheet] says "Holy Trinity Church"
Quotes from [Balance Sheet] to distribute his last effects:
"Amount of Policy Assurance in the Clergy Mutual Assurance Society No.13304"
"Amount of Policy Assurance in the London Assurance Society and BonusesNo. 6620"
I think there was also income from his marriage settlement.
Will also mentions "Bishop Fraser's superannuation fund"
[Balance Sheet] mentions T.R. Toms fee for tuning the piano - a musician?
1859 - William B's birth cert.
Vicarage at Farnworth as place of birth so perhaps they resided therewith in-laws
1860- Catherine's birth certificate
Queen St., Lytham, Fylde
1864 Margaret's birth certificate
Queen St., Lytham, Fylde
1866 - Richard Thomas Thistlethwaite's birth cert.
Common Bispham, Poulton-le-Fylde
1876 - Slater's City Directory
37 Fishgate Hill
1884 - Catherine's marriage certificate
1890 - Slater's
14 Winckley Sq.
picture of RTW's grave was made by a photographer from Wiveliscombe, hisdeath certificate says he died in Wellington, and I think he is buried atSt. Michael's in Milverton, from an online burial index I found. Theseare all villages in Somerset very close to one another.
- [S82] Gravestone - Rev. Richard Thistlethwaite, gives exact dates - no middle name
- [S452] Balance Sheet for the Estate of Richard Thistlethwaite
- [S82] Gravestone - Rev. Richard Thistlethwaite, Picture, gives dates
- [S500] Census - 1900 - Maryland, gives Wm. father birth place as England
- [S455] Baptismal Record, Richard Thistlethwaite, gives date, Hornby and parents
- [S86] Hornby Parish Birth Register 1826/27
- [S82] Gravestone - Rev. Richard Thistlethwaite
- [S42] Crockett's Directory of Clergy, 1890
- [S468] Birth Certificate, Austin Richard Thistlethwaite
- [S57] Death Certificate - Philip Harding Thistlethwaite
- [S470] Birth Certificate, Ellie Mary Thistlethwaite
- [S456] Baptismal Register, Holy Trinity Church, (note in margin)
- [S59] Death Certificate - Richard Thistlethwaite
- [S138] Parish Transcripts of St. Michael's Millverton, Somerset County, Reg. # 1195
- [S105] Marriage Certificate - Rev. Richard Thistlethwaite & Ellen Burns, Balance sheet of his estate at death gave date as June 17, 1858
- [S145] Marriage Certificate - Rev. Richard Thistlethwaite & Anne Oxley